James Stormes Resume
| James Stormes
15 Years Software Development
15 Years Linux/Unix Experience
10 Years LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
15 Years SQL (MS-SQL, Oracle, MySQL)
Zend Certified PHP Engineer
|Online Preformance Marketing|| 2011 – 2012
- Developed Custom Magento Module for inventory Management and Custom Magento module for batch loading of product images.
- Built custom reporting database using web service API to pull data from Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and other API sources.
- Built custom reporting template engine in .NET C# to automatically generate reports in Excel and Power Point.
- System Administration of Windows Server for QuicksBooks and scheduled reporting jobs.
- System Administration of several Linux servers for webhosting, file sharing and development.
- Administration of firewall, routers and hubs.
- DNS Management
|Range Online Media/iProspect||2009 – 2011|
- Developed Custom SSIS and C# applications to pull data from Google AdWords, Bing adCenter and other web marketing sources using web services APIs.
- Implemented the first Trac ticketing system for change management.
- Implemented first subversion source control system for internal software projects.
- Continued development of internal tools for shopping engine management. Built tools to push ads to sites like shopzilla.com and shopping.com.
|CFj Manufacturing||2006 – 2009|
- Lead a team of developers to standardize on a custom store front package written in Dot Net 3.5 with integration to Microsoft Dynamics GP using custom web services.
- Modified AspDotNet Store Front to implement a custom maternity gift web site for Time Warner.
- Maintained and re-architected employee incentive gift card web site for PepsiCo employees.
- Introduced Subversion source control.
- Migrated all websites to new windows 2005 servers.
|Independent Consultant||2005 – 2006|
- Lead a team of programmers to add custom extensions to HEB and Central Markets Linux based cash register system.
- Modified http://www.travelok.com by adding Spanish language pages and updating the free trip giveaway, using HTML, ASP and MS SQL Server.
- Built a site for the Oklahoma centennial using LAMP Linux, Apache MySQL and PHP, worked with concept artist for the Flash and CSS, site was for the state of Oklahoma.
|Aegis Communications Group||2001 – 2005|
- Working with a system administrator, we customized Linux Thinstation building customized boot images by compiling custom versions of programs such as FireFox. I would compile and build the application he would deploy them to India.
- Developed a custom in house web application using LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) for replying to large volumes of emails. The call center agents would sign into the web application and would be given a queue of waiting emails, along with suggested responses. The agent would then customize the reply while a history of all emails were maintained in a RDBMS (MySQL) system. Very early betas of this code are available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/agentemail/ .
|Decision Consultants, contracted to Verizon||2000 – 2001|
- System Administration of several Sun Solaris Unix systems.
|General Technologies FCU/Qualtrust||1993 – 2000|
- Maintained and programed custom scripts for a document management system using SCO Unix.
- Installed first Internet email system for General Technologies using Linux with Sendmail.
- Managed DNS records and coordinated first Internet banking system for General Technologies.
- San Angelo State University, Computer Science Major (3 Years)
- Midland College, Computer Science Major (1 Year)
- RedHat 8.0
- Windows 2000 Pro
- MS SQL Server 2000
- Oracle 8i
- Hyperion Essbase Administration
Open Source Projects:
- Agent Email – http://sourceforge.net/projects/agentemail/